Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm still in North Carolina, frantically packing, unpacking, deleting stuff, and repacking. I'm taking a lot of gifts to Namibia, so most of my bag seems full of things I won't have once I get there. I love taking gifts, though. Out in the middle of nowhere, they really appreciate Victoria's Secret underwear or a new t-shirt. I'm also taking beads for the Bushwomen to make jewelry. They make beautiful things, but it's hard for them to find the materials.

I'm going to try to include a short video from when I was a Harnas once before. It's off my favorite cheetah, Pride, one afternoon when I was giving her a good scratching. Her purr is really loud, but the microphone doesn't really pick it up. Next time I'll make sure I get right down next to her chest so you can feel the vibrations. I can't wait to see her--just a couple of days and I'll be on my way.

I've been dreaming of Africa for weeks now.

Somehow the website for Harnas got cut off my previous post. Here it is: http://harnas.org/en/ Volunteers and visitors are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment