Saturday, May 8, 2010

Baby pics

Today was a free day in Kuching, so Jodi and I chose to go back to the Semeggoh Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Orangutans are the main reason I chose to come to Borneo, so I couldn't pass up another opportunity to see these endangered apes one more time.

Jodi's friend Andy took us again, and he got a great picture of a mother and baby.



Anybody else in love with these beauties?

I leave for home in one week. Hard to believe. It may also be hard to believe that I'm actually ready to go home. I'm ready to put away the suitcase and live out of drawers instead of luggage. I also miss my sweetie, Fred. And every time I see a dog I miss my two pups at home.

I have a few adventures left--tomorrow I go to the Sarawak Cultural Village to see how the local tribes live and watch some dancing and listen to some music. And Wednesday through Thursday we go to Bako National Park to see my last glimpse of Bornean wildlife. I'll miss the monkeys, but I have animals of all kinds (both human and canine) at home waiting. Then you can all stop reading this silly blog!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your "silly" blog everyday :)

    I'm glad you're feeling better. Give me a call when you get back and reaclimated to civilization!

    ReplyDelete