Monday, December 11, 2017

Heading back to my second home

Dear Blog Readers, I'm sooo happy to say that I'm headed back to Harnas on Wednesday and will arrive (finally!) on Friday late afternoon. I'm traveling alone this time. My friend Cornelia from Germany was supposed to join me in Windhoek, but I got a message today saying she had broken her foot, was in the hospital, and was going to have surgery.

So disappointed!  This means I will have to give twice the attention to all our animals to make up for her absence. And no one could make up for Cornelia. She's an amazing animal-whisperer. I've seen her nurture baby animals like no one else except Marieta herself.

But I will do my best. I'll be at Harnas until January 4 and arrive back in the States on the 6th. Three and a half glorious weeks without hearing about and losing sleep over our childish, embarrassing, and insane President here in America. I plan to go dark on the news.

I'll keep my blog while I'm there, so I hope you'll join me and hear about my adventures. It's always something at Harnas. Look for my first one in a couple of days.

See you on the other side of the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment