Thursday, December 14, 2017

Windhoek

Well, I'm foggy and groggy from the flights, but I made it to Windhoek. Two hours to New York, layover, 15 hours to Johannasburg, layover, two hours to Windhoek, Unfortunately, I didn't sleep on the long flight, despite taking an ambien. I had a nice seatmate--a woman who teaches microbiology at the university in Joberb--but eventuaally she went to sleep and I watched silly movies like Wonder Woman.

Tonight I'm meeting my artist friend Annika Funke who has painted so many pictures I have up in my home of wildlife at Harnas. I sleep under a large blue painting of the lion Zion watching over me while I sleep. She and I are meeting at the famous Joe's Beerhouse at 6:00.

Sorry for my friends back in the states and in Europe, but it's hot here, summer in full bloom. I love it. Tank tops and shorts from now on for the next three weeks. I'll soak it all in.

The transport picks  me up tomorrow morning for the long drive to Harnas. Can't wait to see Marieta and all my babies. Who will I go visit first???? It's a tough decision, but I think it will be Atheno. I love that boy. We're kissing cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment